Monday, September 14, 2009

Captchas

Objective: Snatch, Technique

Warm-up: 1) row 500m

2) Mobility Drills

3) David Miller Complex

aka The Standard

Training: 1) Snatch Complex, 30K

2) Hang Snatch Shrug x 2, Power Snatch, 40K

3) Hang Snatch Shrug, four-fives, 52K (most of the session)

Notes: This session was rough. I tend to look down when I finish a Snatch. I thought it was from a tight thoracic spine, a climbing side effect. No, it is my bad technique. The bar travels away from my body during The Scoop. I pull it back during the third pull and throw my head forward to recompensate. Today's session was working towards a vertical bar path during The Scoop.

I have modest goals. I want to have one good lift during the session. Today my single best lift was about 80% good. Mentally that is very hard. Physically, I have blisters on both my thumbs from the large volume of hang snatch shrugs.

There is always tomorrow.

Since I have a coach standing over me for every lift there is less need for video.

No comments:

Post a Comment