Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Busting Up A Starbucks

Objective: Olympic Weightlifting

Warm-up: (1) 400m, run
(2) Burgener warm-up

Training: (1) Hang Snatch, triples, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60x2, 55x2

(2) Snatch Balance, triples, 40, 50, 60, 70, 75

(3) 50 GHD sit-ups, not for time but unbroken

No excuses, but some days it is harder to hang onto a barbell.


Snatch Balance, triples, 75
Why can't I get under the bar like this during a Snatch?

Notes: The local CrossFit affiliate posts their workouts the night before. When I saw this one, I know I had to do it. It focuses on one of my biggest weaknesses, the third pull of Snatch. I still think the local affiliate's version of the Burgener warm-up is a pile. They don't squat below parallel during it. I saw several people unable to land in a full squat with weight, early in the workout, because there was no movement preparation for it. I used my anger about my competition performance as fuel for this workout. A couple of weeks ago, 75k was 1 RM for Snatch Balance. I tripled it today. NICE. The GHD sit-ups were a joke. I need to stay away from Oly lifting/CrossFit so I can focus on climbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment