Monday, June 8, 2009

How A Resurrection Really Feels

Objective: Olympic Weightlifting

Warm-up: (1) Burgner Warm-up
(2) Mobility Drills
(3) Snatch, singles, 95 X 4

Training: (1) Snatch, singles, 105, 115, 125, 115, 115

(2) Clean and Jerk, singles, 115, 125, ..., 185, 175, 175


Snatch, 125
I'm still part donkey


Clean and Jerk, 185
A little squirrelly on the Jerk

Notes: I'M BACK IN THE GAME. I was wallowing in self pity about Oly lifting. The local CrossFit gym has great equipment but suboptimal programming. I can't lift at home since I live in an upstairs apartment and don't think my downstairs would like me dropping the weights. I got off my ass and found another CrossFit affiliate that has open gym time. It is in some random Front Range cowtown. It has crappy bars, a bad platform, and no squat racks. (Seriously, your gym is a pile if it doesn't have squat racks.). I can ignore the glaring deficiencies because it has bumpers and I can train the way I want.

This workout is a baseline. I worked up to a heavy single and then dropped down for two more singles. My snatch needs a lot of work - 3rd pull, hips raising first, shoulders not set, and donkey kicking. I need to stay on my heels more for the clean and jerk.

I still love heavy lifting. As Coach Burgner says, "That fires my ass up!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment