Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Not The Only Apple On The Tree

Objective: Olympic Weightlifting

Interpretation
Single Snatch on the minute with the following weights:
5 X 50% of 1 RM
5 X 60% of 1 RM
...

Bonus: 5X5, GHD sit-ups, 45lb (On the last set, I did 11 reps)

Notes: Back to the local affiliate for this session. 80% is medium intensity. 5 singles is low volume. You don't make monsters out of medium intensity, low volume workouts. Since I'm a novice, mere exposure will make me better.

I did get fatigued towards the end and starting reverting to my old ways, i.e. Power Snatch. The coach kept me honest and made go back to the Snatch.

I used this as an opportunity improve my weak sauce jerk. The best cue for me is "HEELS." The bar will go more straight up and down, less forward. My split suffers for a first couple of reps, but fixes itself. I'm syked for next month's Oly comp.

No comments:

Post a Comment