Monday, April 13, 2009

Bitch Slapped by the Invisible Hand

Objective: Olympic Weightlifting

Warm-up: a bunch of snatches

Training: (1) Snatch - 70% x 2 x 3 , 52

(2) Snatch pull - 90% (of snatch) x 3 x 3, 68

(3) Snatch deadlift - 90% (of snatch) x 3 x 3, 68

(4) Front squat - 75% x 3 x 5, 91

(5) Weighted sit-ups - 3 x 8, 20


Snatch pull, triples, 68
Sky High


Snatch, triples, 43
I get too much elevation, but at least I'm not donkey kicking.


Notes: I got this gem from Catalyst Athletics. If I had a choice in my programming, I would choose their programming. They load the full lifts and focus on increasing totals.

It was a full hour and hard. Since I was lifting with steel, I had to be in complete control, and it took a toll on me. I didn't want to do the weighted sit-ups, but I won't be able to look myself in the mirror if I had quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment