Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Nash Equilibrium

Training: Snatches, singles, 95, 95, 115, 125, 135, 145(f), 145(f)

Clean & Jerk, singles, 145, 170, 185, 205, 210(f), 195, 195, 195(f)


Clean & Jerk, 205
Personal Record

Notes: I got some sleep and am back in the game. Today was my last training day before the contest and I needed to find my openers. Climbing and Snatching hate each other. My piss poor Snatch is directly related to my hard climbing training. I have two ideas why.

1. Climbing tightens the thoracic spine. Catching a Snatch in a the full receiving position requires a relatively flexible thoracic spine.

2. Climbing tires the shoulder girdle which triggers my body puts to put the brakes on during the third pull.

I easily set a PR in the C&J because of my improved rack position. RAD. It gives me a big boost of confidence going into the meet.

A lifter typically finishes a 16 week cycle going into a meet and should take a week off before a competition. However, my training has been all over the map. I felt like I could go hard today and still be ready to compete on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment