Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Too much Month At The End of the Money

Objective: Snatch

Warm-up: 2 rounds
row 200m for time (34.6s, 34.7s)
rest as needed between rounds

Training: Snatch, Singles, 125, 135, 145, 155(f), 155, 145, 145


Snatch 155lb
Looking a little less sucky, I swear I try to have the bar and hips rise at the same time.

Notes: I went to the other CrossFit affiliate for the WOD class because it was max effort snatch. This affiliate takes the concept of "warm-up as workout" too far. I was expected and encouraged to do the sprint row as fast possible without any other warm-up. They were disappointed in me when I didn't beat my 1st round time. That is just stupid and a good way to hurt athletes.

I received no coaching on the Snatch though out the session. In addition, their bars lack knurling near the collars. That makes it very difficult to pull yourself under the bar during the 3rd pull. I was able to come close to my contest PR. I finished with some lighter singles to work on technique and build capacity.

I'm not going back to their group classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment