Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Olympic Weightlifting

Objective : Strength

Training : (1) Power Snatch, triples, 40, 50, 55, 60, 55

(2) Overhead Squats, triples, 40, 50, 60, 75, 85x2

(3) Snatch grip shrugs, fives,

(4) Stiff-legged deadlift, fives,


OHS, 85x2
I would have done all three if I had reset my feet properly.
Attention to Detail.

Notes: The Power Snatches were more Muscle Snatches because the weight was light, and I lack great technique. I tried to set a new PR with OHS triples but had to settle for a double. My wrists hurt for 5 minutes after the lift. My wrists are messed up from a decade of skateboarding. There is a difference between pain and injury. That was pain.

Lately, I have be a little adrift in my Olympic lifting quest. I started the weightlifting class with the goal of increasing my 1 RM snatch and c&j. The class never maxes out (and probably never will). However, I will get an opportunity at a local competition at the end of the next month. It is just a "fun" meet, but it gives me goal to focus on. I think the fastest road to improvement is through competition.

Bonus : Here are the Viking Laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment