Wednesday, March 11, 2009

You’re Funny but Looks Aren’t Everything

Objective : Olympic Weightlifting

Training : (1) 3-pos Snatch, 3 times
5 rounds (45 total Snatches!!!)

(2) Snatch Grip Behind the Neck Push Press, fives, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55

(3) Snatch Pull, triples, 60, 70, 75

(4) Front Squat, triples, 80, 90, 100, 110, 115(f)


Snatch Pull, triples, 75
I kept my "chest up." It helped.


Front Squat, triples, 110
Good and Heavy


Front Squat, triples, 115(fail)
I tried to triple my previous 1 RM.
"A man's reach should exceed his grasp"

Notes : I had to go to the 7am class because I'm heading to Boulder for some climbing flicks. The cultural events make living in the Front Range nice, compared to the backwards of CA. My body doesn't move well in the morning, and 45 snatches is a hell of a wake-up. My new shoes are incredible. I sit back on the heels, and they do all the work. Compare this workout to : Mittens & Zip Ties (pre weightlifting shoes).

No comments:

Post a Comment