Thursday, March 5, 2009

Power Bottom

Objective : Olympic Weightlifting

Training : (1) Rack Jerks, doubles, 40K, 50K, 60K, 70K, 80K

(2) Clean High Pulls, triples, 110K, 120K, 120K

(3) High bar back squats, fives!!, 110K, 120K, 130K

(4) 3 rounds
3 frenchies, 5s hold each position
5 pistols

(5) 3X10, hanging leg raises


Rack Jerk, Double, 80K
I start criticizing my form in the middle of the lift. I really should wait until the weight is no longer in a position to kill me before I start my commentary.


Clean High Pull, Triples, 120K
I don't have a good idea what I'm suppose to do with this exercise. I just try really hard.


High-bar Back Squats, Fives, 130K
It is good to be back under the bar.

Notes : Another high volume session. The leash was loosen a little, and I put some weight on the bar. Heavy Split Jerks are relativity new for me. I usually workout in places where you can't drop the weight. Recently, I have done only Push Presses or Push Jerks. This is the first time back squatting in a long, long time. Mountain Athlete recommends front squats, and I agree. When I do back squat, it is low-bar powerlifter style. Low-bar squats are like handjams. You can crank on them, but they suck. High-bar squats are like fingerlocks. You can't crank as hard, and they suck twice as much. I'm not sold on frenchies. They are hard, but I'm not sure if they translate to the rock. I remember having similar frenchie numbers when I was a far worse climber.

Bonus : My new shoes are rad. I'm much better in the bottom position (he, he, he). They size the same as Converse All-stars and here is a discount code : CF1007.

No comments:

Post a Comment